Wednesday, December 10, 2014

12/9/14.....progress and finance.

Ok got last nights gig out of my system. No longer depressed. We did play well and some rooms just aren't right for us. No biggie. Now I know. Just brought up some frustrations!

Today I didn't get any music done. Worked pretty much all day. Jobs are my patrons right now, gotta put dough away to pay for making records so I don't mind. Plus the jobs today were fun, good for my head. I like diversity.

Got a job offer playing horn for the Bogmen on the 19th and 20th of this month. Psyched about that. Horn section! I love it. A bit intimidated cause the other players are pretty heavy but ja know, god only gives an opportunity when you are prepared for it. Best take it!

I did get two little things done on my list o' stuff to do:

1... Fix tail light in my car and fix my now broken glove box (thanks stupid car thief!)
#2... Get new back tires for my car!
#3... Finish building my overdrive pedal!
#4... Build 45 triode amp )
#5... Fix leaky shower thing.
#6... Set up stereo when I finish building my amp and enjoy the heck out of it!
#7... Sell more stuff on Ebay, beat my December goal for sales there!
#8... Get 2 rolls of film developed, stuff I shot over the last 3 years.
#9.. Finish 2 videos to promote guitar and bass playing for hiring me as a session player or teacher.
#10.. Make new nut for my electric sitar, set it up better and CLEAN IT!
#11..Clean top on my classical guitar. Get rid of scuzzy looking tape residue!
#12..Install strap buttons on my beloved Jazz Bass. DONE!!!!
#13.. Get those cheap 'beer bottle' strap locks and install them on my guitars. DONE!
#14.. Decide what to do with 2 extra mouthpieces. Sell as is or get them re-faced then sell them for more $$$.

Had 19 on the list last week, down to 14 now. Little things. Little things that had been bugging me for too long. Feels good to be able to hold my instruments better now!

So far it's about the instruments first. Glad to see I'm taking care of the music stuff before the other stuff! That is the most important after all.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment