Sunday, December 7, 2014

12/7/14 Two rehearsals, two great bands, Gospel Of Mars and Parquet Courts.

Had a nice band rehearsal with Gospel of Mars tonight. Biggest struggle is finding names for the new material. What story do these new songs tell? Rhythm section is sounding great, easy to have ideas when stuff is clicking. We have a show tomorrow at Tea Lounge in Park Slope. I feel great about it now. Listening back to rehearsals I can hear the work paying off.

Right afterwards went to play with Parquet Courts on a song they recorded under the name Parkay Quarts. Great band. I'm playing with them at Webster Hall this Thursday. Andrew and Austin are really great songwriters and I'm always stoked when they call. Really psyched to see all their hard work really bringing in the awesomeness they have earned. It's great to see this with friends. Inspires me to keep moving forward!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment