Wednesday, December 3, 2014

12/3/14. Blues and car burglars.

Taught 6 lessons today, practiced guitar for an hour and horn for an hour and 20. Mostly working on this new melody bit. Starting to feel ambivalent about it which is a good thing. May need to scrap it and try something new. Always good to keep reaching for the perfect song!

I'm exhausted. Started nodding off while working on intervals. Played some blues while falling asleep. That's the only way I can really play the blues, otherwise there's just too much thinking going on. Blues are a much bigger challenge to play well than say a standard is. That simple form is not simple. There is much more going on than those 3 chords. Like I said, being worn down and worn out enables me to play that music better. Maybe that's why I don't play it all that much. I'd have to induce myself into a state of something else to get it right!

I discovered on my way to my practice space tonight my car had been broken into. Minimal damage. My glove box is broken and they left my door ajar for up to 2 days so that's annoying. There is nothing worth stealing in my car. I'd feel idiotic if I left anything of value overnight but still the thought of a filthy person rummaging through my car uninvited is upsetting. But I got over it a minute into practice. Too much music to be made to be upset over a sad person needing a fix. I'm the luckiest man alive to have this outlet!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment