Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Gospel Of Mars, Dark City, Nehedar live at Fontanas 2/20/13

(photo: Joel Friedrich)

This was a funny show. I played double duty this night playing sax for my friend Emilia Cataldos group Nehedar then closing the show with my dear Gospel Of Mars.

I like shows like this with an eclectic mix of bands. I couldn't imagine the fans of the other groups would like us too much but some were blown away. We started our mailing list tonight.

This was one of the coldest nights of the year, ill attended so i'm grateful for all of those who did appear!

I felt like this was the first night we really started to flow as a 3 piece. We played well, the trust for the moment is really starting to appear. I like building music on simple riffs, something years of playing in Jackie O Motherfucker really taught me. We can get really stretched out and if we get lost and uncomfortable any one of us can play one of those simple riffs, or agreements, and we find out way to the next scene. We took our time as well. Music when played with an open heart bends time. 2 minutes can feel like an hour and an hour can seem like 3 minutes. That's what is happening in the music now.

Fontanas is a nice place to play. I'd like to play there again. It's a classy room for a rock club. I don't much like playing rock clubs for a lot of reasons but this place, the soundman was first class, he took special care of us and really showed he cared about his job. That makes all the difference. I want to work with him again.

I am a blessed man.

JB


No comments:

Post a Comment