Thursday, March 28, 2013

Gospel of Mars 7/16/2012, Zebulon

https://soundcloud.com/gospel-of-mars/gospel-of-mars-live-zebulon-7


This summer my friend Daniel Higgs hosted monday nights at Zebulon in Brooklyn for the month of July.

One of those nights was my birthday. I figured what a better opportunity to give birth to a new sound than on this special day.

I was slated to play solo, which I like to do but decided it was in my best interest to ask my friend Aaron to play as well, I need connection and wanted to see what we could do. We could do whatever we pleased it turns out.

"What's free jazz?". That's what I wonder.

It's amazing how time ceases to be when playing. I didn't have any idea of what happened that night except that we played and the audience loved it, the venue loved it and we got asked back to play as often as we could. That always feels good. Glad Patrick recorded it. This became our first CDR release.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment