Thursday, March 28, 2013

Carnegie Hall

I moved to NYC November 7th 2011. 5 months later in the following March I played in front of 3000 people at Carnegie Hall with TV on the Radio. Where else in the world can this kind of thing happen? I love this city.

Best part for me was it felt so, normal. I can just do that and not think about it. The show was a benefit with rockers playing music by the Rolling Stones. We played "You can't always get what you want" with a full childrens choir on stage.

What's it sound like? Like you are living and playing inside the greatest stereo ever with all those voices around you. Heavenly. I like a classy room.

Then the next day happened. I was no longer a star, just me, a living practicing musician. I went to my job and continued on. I love it. That's the best part of this journey. Events like this happen and all I have to do is show up, do service and say thank you. I played bass, well.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment