Wednesday, March 20, 2013

1958 Fender Jazzmaster


This is my main guitar. I like a big sound on whatever I play and this has that going on. Best whammy on the planet too. Bought this one about 13 years ago in Portland Oregon.

Here's a recording I did with this guitar. Drumming is Sara Lund, she's the bomb!

https://soundcloud.com/charm-world/in-your-heart


I find this guitar to be at home in just about any situation. Much darker sounding than my Strat, has a very woody quality to the sound. I modded a couple things, the saddles are brass made by my friend Eric Patton in Portland Oregon and I had the pickups rewound by Fralin, more windings than usual. I also change the pots to 300k, the originals are too bright for my liking.

At one point in history this was just a used guitar. Things were fun then. You bought a guitar and made it yours. These things are silly expensive now so I'd feel wierd about changing one up.

Prince broke Captain Kirks old Epiphone on the televison last week. I felt bad for the owner, that was a dick move, but after having been in the vintage guitar business for so long and dealing with so many obsessive people, the kid inside my heart laughed and said "awesome".

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment