Sunday, January 11, 2015

1/5/15....nice to play electric guitar

Sat in with Rev Vince at Union Pool this night, just on one amazing gospel song playing guitar. It's nice to blaze a guitar solo once in a while, something I don't do often enough. I wonder sometimes what happened over these years. How did I fall into such a place where it feels funny to really do my best on the electric guitar.

I did a gig last fall where another cat was turning on the fire hose whenever I got hot. "Back off!" he'd holler. I can't do that. I left that gig. I've had this happen for much of my life. This is why you never see me at blues jams or playing "straight" music. I tried that on with the same results. Person in charge gets scared and tells me "back off! Keep the solo under control!" I guess that is why I always stuck to original music. Go where you are loved, not just tolerated or not just a tool. I like to be a worker amongst workers but I'd rather get fired for being passionate about whatever I do than to live a lack luster middle of the road life.

I don't really get that. It's exciting for me to watch a band really cook yet, I've been in so many situations where when the grease gets on the pan the fire gets turned down. And you only want fried chicken well done or it'll make you sick.....

Grease is Peace.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment