Wednesday, January 14, 2015

1/14/15 Gospel of Mars rehearsal, really, really good rehearsal.

  Good day today. Union Pool contacted me and said they will have us play, just need to pick a time. This is a good boost, I've been trying to book the Gospel at the Pool for a while. I really love that room. So end of March we should be preaching there.

  Tonight we had a great rehearsal. It's important to cut loose and try new things. We played a really quiet set tonight in the lab, Aaron brought out a secret instrument that really set a great foundation for some really interesting music. I know things are good when it's easy for me to have sonic ideas, not just fixating on the notes but getting into the feelings, forgetting that I'm just a person with an instrument in my hands. That's real music. Doesn't happen all the time. Tonight was inspired. More soon......

We've been exploring some free form pieces. I don't really enjoy that for the most part but what has been happening with us is we've been finding themes, little motifs to play around with. Things sound composed, or maybe we've just gotten good in the vibe department. Yeah, I'm way happy with our free musics.

  Come see our secret instrument Saturday February 7th at Troost on Manhattan ave, 9pm. That's going to be a stellar evening. We are hungry and so are you. Troost is the filling station for the soul that night. Can I get an amen?

J

No comments:

Post a Comment