Thursday, January 22, 2015

1/22/15 Got my computer back and went to work recording.

I was sitting in my room last week thinking "God, what do I need to put down to move forward?" In other words what kind of addictive behavior is holding me back. I knew the answer but like it too much to admit it.

Half an hour later I heard this "klunk". I looked to my left slowly and saw that my MacBook Pro had fallen about off of a little box housing a Dremel tool. A distance of about 4 inches. I had this feeling of "well, that did it" and sure enough an hour later the screen went blank, I turned it off and back on and it just made this sad "beep..........beep.........beep........beep".

Well, I asked and there I had my answer. Netflix.

So it's been away from me for a few days. I immediately felt a sense of calm. This month has been really slow financially. Very little work coming my way. I don't need Mercury in Retrograde to send me a big repair bill.

Fortunately it appears it was just a loose connection inside. Mikeys Hookup rocks for taking care of my computer. And it was a good little break. I need better boundaries around my BBC mystery time. I have albums to make. I have deadlines.

So tonight I dug right in. I had the flu last week or some kind of nasty bug so I feel good today. I'm working on some more music for Gardens. Recorded some basic tracks on one song and started another.

I love overdubbing. There is nothing quite like layering for me. I love Pro Tools for that.

And most importantly, this record is going to be good. Really good. I can feel it. Damn I'm happy tonight.

Progress feels good. It's the key to human happiness, or at least my own happiness. Between this and the new direction Gospel of Mars is going in, I've never been happier in music. 2015 will have some good releases from this camp. Stay tuned!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment