Sunday, January 11, 2015

1/11/15 How do we get to play MOMA?

Had a good session tonight. Good thinking about the word 'why'. How do we get a gig booked at MOMA? Why do I want to play there? For me? Just cause we haven't played there before and I want to reach out to new audiences and play new venues. I've heard they have some interesting live music there. That's enough of a reason to motivate me to put the question forward, how can we make that happen? Who do I need to call?

Gahhh. The game. It's new to me but someone has got to do it. May as well be me. What else am I going to do with this life? Put aside my mis-trust of cliques and get over myself. I want gigs, I want us to be successful. We're really good. Interesting. And...I historically don't like scenes. Hard to navigate all the weird dishonesty and ambition. What to do.

The music is getting more minimal and cinematic. I like this direction. Somebody make a mystery noir flick and hire us. We'll fit your budget. We'll fit your film as long as the actors aren't all pretty.

Keep it real baby.

J


No comments:

Post a Comment