Tuesday, November 25, 2014

11/25/14, practice session, emailed some demos!

Tonight I practiced for 2 hours, saxophone. Again, long tones, scales and just played for an hour improvising over a couple of chords. Also tried out a beautiful 1929 gold plated Conn tenor and emailed a bunch of demos off.

Something to be said about the word should. I hate that word. It implies wrongness. I like must. I've turned my "should" practice the horn daily and "should" write music daily into must. Hey, it's gotta get done right? Glad to do the work! Got a change within the group and I need to up my game significantly on my horn. Plus, I want more session work. My tone is there but that articulation. Most session work I've done, the notes are easy, but I struggle with that fast and clear tonguing. I don't know if I can do what I really want to physically but I'll keep working it. Consistency is the toughest part. I can get it once in a while, a rapid fire single tone with 16th notes up tempo.

Facebook fast is paying off. Starting to get a little fidgety so I'm writing more. Netflix fast is next.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment