Thursday, November 27, 2014

11/26/14. Writing Session!

Got an hour in of writing! Started out just reviewing some stuff I wrote in Los Angeles and building on a piece that I really love but forgot about. Going to spin that baby into gold! Also got a new piece started. I have this ultra crappy Silvertone nylon string folk guitar that belonged to my mom. That thing has a million songs in it. It gets the most play time out of all my guitars. I pick it up, play some lines, chords, improvise until something clicks then I record it on my cell phone or whatever is available. My I phone amazes me. If I need to video something or record something just to remember what I was doing, it's right there.

Trying out this new morning routine. It was get up, write 3 pages of whatever junk was running around in my head, meditate then.....I'd check my email, Facebook, did i sell anything last night on EBay? What's different? I'll start with the 3 pages of garbage then move to meditation, then next is exercise for 10 minutes, get the blood moving while listening to some tracks that get me excited. Today it was "Mirror in the Bathroom" by The English Beat and "The Volcano Song" by Budos Band.

The email, EBay, Facespace, yadda yadda can wait till after breakfast. Realized that checking all that stuff right away, I'm living for other peoples agendas. It's no wonder I'm not getting what I want to do done if I live for other people. Hmmm, who did I please? Who did I bum out? I gotta know so I can fix it!!! Meh..... seldom is it that important that it can't wait. I'll do my best to change this habit.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment