Monday, April 28, 2014

Arlen Roth.....

I work at the legendary Southside Guitars (http://www.southsideguitars.com/) in Williamsburg. We have some great players come through and one of our regulars is Mr. Arlen Roth. Yesterday he was picking up an old Princeton Reverb we fixed for him.

I got to sit in his presence for 20 minutes stealing his licks. Nothing like sitting right in front of a master and just listening, absorbing.

Goddammit. I'm practicing guitar again! I needed that inspiration.

I learned how to play slide well from sitting in a tiny cafe for 2 1/2 hours watching Corey Harris about 4 feet away from me. it was like "oh that's how it's done!" A lifelong series of lessons in one sitting. I have the same feeling today after watching Mr. Roth. I'm in love with that brass tube and six strings again......

No comments:

Post a Comment