Saturday, April 6, 2013

Nothing to gain, nothing to lose.

It's only those moments where there is awareness that we have nothing to gain and nothing to lose that music happens. That moment where you lose yourself. I think maybe this is just a way. A way of life that is. I've had moments where I vanish completely, but these are rare. All that chatter in the mind, all that worrying if the audience is into it or not. I like making music that people like, but no longer care if anyone likes the music I make or not. I trust that whatever message is coming through it will reach those who need that message, and those that don't will tune in somewhere else.

All are welcome here.

I'm taking this approach to promoting as well. I have nothing to gain or lose by asking for a gig, asking for money, asking for support. Sharing music is an offering. It can be accepted or rejected. That part is none of my business.

Once the note leaves my horn it's out there. It has it's own energy, thoughts, desires, fears. I have no control over that note. I like this. It's honest. It's truth. And truth has no path.

xoj

No comments:

Post a Comment